NHTSA Campaign ID: 14E044000
Manufacturer Report Date: /Date(1405915200000-0400)/
Dorman Products, Inc. (Dorman) is recalling certain replacement intermediate steering shafts sold under the Dorman, OE Solutions, and Solutions brand names, part numbers 425-167, 2425167, and 7-3074, for installation on 2004-2012 Chevrolet Malibu, 2005-2010 Pontiac G6, and 2007-2009 Saturn Aura vehicles. The affected steering shafts may have a yoke that inadequately supports the u-joint bearing resulting in a premature failure.
A joint bearing that fails prematurely may cause separation of the u-joint resulting in a complete loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Dorman will notify owners, and dealers will refund the purchase price or replace the steering shafts, free of charge. The recall began in September 2014. Owners may contact Dorman customer service at 1-800-523-2492.
Recall: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING | ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL | EXTERIOR LIGHTING:BRAKE LIGHTS | EXTERIOR LIGHTING:BRAKE LIGHTS:SWITCH | VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL:CRUISE CONTROL
NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V252000
Manufacturer Report Date: /Date(1400040000000-0400)/
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2004-2012 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured May 16, 2003, through October 11, 2012, 2004-2007 Malibu Maxx vehicles manufactured June 25, 2003, through April 5, 2007, 2005-2010 Pontiac G6 vehicles manufactured May 26, 2004, through January 4, 2010, and 2007-2010 Saturn Aura vehicles manufactured April 24, 2006, through May 26, 2009. In the affected vehicles, increased resistance in the Body Control Module (BCM) connection may result in voltage fluctuations in the Brake Apply Sensor (BAS) circuit. These fluctuations can cause one or more of these conditions: the brake lights to illuminate without the brake pedal being pushed; the brake lights to not illuminate when the pedal is pushed; difficulty disengaging the cruise control; moving the gear shifter out of the 'PARK' position without pushing the brake; and disablement of crash avoidance features such as traction control, electronic stability control, and panic braking assist features.
Any of the above failure conditions increases the risk of a crash.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will attach the wiring harness to the BCM with a spacer, apply dielectric lubricant to both the BCM and harness connector and the BAS and harness connector, and will relearn the brake pedal home position, free of charge. The manufacturer distributed an Interim letter to customers on July 14, 2014. The recall began on August 18, 2014. Owners may contact General Motors customer service at 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet), 1-800-762-2737 (Pontiac), 1-800-553-6000 (Saturn). GM's number for this recall is 13036.
Recall: SEAT BELTS
NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V269000
Manufacturer Report Date: /Date(1431057600000-0400)/
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured April 8, 2010, to October 11, 2012. In the affected vehicles, the flexible steel cables that connect the seat belts to the vehicle at the outside of the driver seat and the front passenger seat may be bent from being sat on while entering the vehicle. This repeated bending may result in the cable breaking.
If the cable breaks, the seat occupant may not be properly restrained in the event of a crash, increasing their risk of injury.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the outboard lap anchor mounting bracket and inspect the flexible steel cable, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on November 16, 2015. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 15031.
- Tire, compact spare and jack assembly
- Tires, 17" (43.2 cm) touring, blackwall
- Fascia, front body-color with chrome accent
- Fascia, rear body-color with chrome license plate bezel
- Moldings, body-color rocker with bright inserts
- Moldings, body-color bodyside
- Grille, Black with chrome surround
- Headlamps, halogen composite with crystalline-like lenses and automatic exterior lamp control
- Tail lamps, incandescent
- Mirrors, outside power-adjustable body-color, manual-folding
- Glass, acoustic, laminated
- Glass, Solar-Ray light-tinted
- Window trim, bright, side
- Wipers, front intermittent, variable, speed-sensitive
- Door handles, chrome
- Seats, heated driver and front passenger
- Seat, rear 60/40 split-folding seatback
- Seat adjuster, driver 6-way power
- Seat adjuster, driver power vertical height
- Seat adjuster, driver power lumbar control
- Console, floor with floor shifter, integral sliding armrest and dual storage compartment
- Sill plate, bright accent
- Steering column, tilt and telescopic
- TAPshift manual shift control on shift knob
- Instrumentation, analog with speedometer, engine temperature, fuel, tachometer and PRNDL
- Driver Information Center with driver customization, warning messages and vehicle information including outside temperature display, trip odometer and programmable menu functions
- Windows, power with driver Express-Down and Up and rear passenger lockout
- Trunk release, power, interior
- Theft-deterrent alarm system, content theft alarm
- Theft-deterrent system, vehicle, PASS-Key III+
- Air conditioning, single-zone manual
- Defogger, rear-window electric
- Cup holders, dual front and rear
- Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming with 8-point compass display
- Visors, driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors, covered
- Lighting, interior with front reading lights
- Lighting, interior rear reading lights
- Lighting, ambient, front interior door handles
- Shift knob, leather-wrapped
- Map pockets, driver and front passenger seatbacks
- Engine, ECOTEC 2.4L DOHC, 16-valve, 4-cylinder Variable Valve Timing MFI uses gasoline only (169 hp [126.0 kW] @ 6400 rpm, 160 lb-ft of torque [216.0 N-m] @ 4500 rpm) (Standard for Retail order types in all states. Standard for Fleet or Government order types ordering YF5 or NE1 emissions. Not available for Fleet or Government order types in Federal emissions states.)
- Front wheel drive
- Battery, maintenance-free with rundown protection
- Suspension, 4-wheel independent
- Steering, Electric Power Steering (EPS) assist , infinite assist for low and high speed maneuvers
- Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc
- Exhaust tip, chrome, single
- StabiliTrak, stability control system with brake assist, includes Traction Control
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Air bags, dual-stage frontal, and thorax side-impact, driver and front passenger, and head curtain side-impact, front and rear outboard seating positions includes Passenger Sensing System (Head Curtain Side Air Bags are designed to help reduce the risk of head and neck injuries to front and rear seat occupants on the near side of certain side-impact collisions. A note about child safety: Always use safety belts and the correct child restraint for your childs age and size. Even with air bags and the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child, or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active frontal air bag. See your vehicle Owners Handbook for more information.)
- Safety belts, 3-point, all seating positions includes front seat pretensioners
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren) for child safety seats
- Door locks, rear child security
- Trunk emergency release handle
- Tire Pressure Monitor
- Audio system feature, 6-speaker system
- Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system and HMI (Human Machine Interface)
- Steering wheel controls, mounted audio controls
Crash Safety Ratings
Awards & Accolades
- JD Power
JD Power Initial Quality Study, JD Power Dependability Study
IIHS Top Safety Pick
Vehicle pricing includes all offers and incentives. Tax, Title and Tags not included in vehicle prices shown and must be paid by the purchaser. Some prices may include manufacturer-to-dealer offers that are not compatible with manufacturer special finance programs and/or lease offers. While great effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this site, errors do occur so please verify information with a customer service rep. This is easily done by calling us at 866.931.2778 or by visiting us at the dealership.
**With approved credit. Terms may vary. Monthly payments are only estimates derived from the vehicle price with a 72 month term, 8.99 interest and 20 down-payment.
*Number of views in last 30 days
Based on 2012 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
All advertised vehicles are subject to actual dealer availability. Certain vehicles listed may not be available, or may have different prices. Prices exclude state tax, license, document preparation fee, smog fee, and finance charges, if applicable. Vehicle option and pricing are subject to change. Prices include all dealer incentives. Pricing and availability varies by dealership. Please check with your dealer for more information. Prices do not include dealer charges, such as advertising, that can vary by manufacturer or region, or costs for selling, preparing, displaying or financing the vehicle. Images displayed may not be representative of the actual trim level of a vehicle. Colors shown are the most accurate representations available. However, due to the limitations of web and monitor color display, we cannot guarantee that the colors depicted will exactly match the color of the car. Information provided is believed accurate but all specifications, pricing, and availability must be confirmed in writing (directly) with the dealer to be binding. Neither the Dealer nor Dealer Venom is responsible for any inaccuracies contained herein and by using this application you the customer acknowledge the foregoing and accept such terms.